Come enjoy the best in soul food as we celebrate the 39th Annual Black Cuisine. The Black Cuisine Festival honors the cultural contributions of African Americans and their tradition of sharing delectable food and bringing people together. Black Cuisine was named by the Culture Trip as one of the 5 Best Food Festivals in the Bay Area. As the longest running festival in Bayview Hunters Point, Black Cuisine was created in 1979 by Dr. George W. Davis, the late Executive Director of Bayview Hunters Point Multipurpose Senior Services, who wanted to share the talents of African American seniors with young people. We will continue to honor the memory of Dr. Davis and his legacy at the Dr. George W. Davis Senior Center: location 1753 Carroll Avenue @ 3rd Street on Saturday, March 2, 2019 from 11am – 6 pm. Admission is free and there are many food and marketplace venues to purchase from. All proceeds benefit the programs at Bayview Senior Services. Please join us in this exciting celebration of food, family and culture.
FREE (No Admission Charge)
- Live Entertainment featuring Tom Brown, Jamica Funkk and local artists.
- Kids Zone – A place where a kid can be a kid.
- Marketplace (Vendor Fare). Goods, Services, Info and Referral, Health and Wellness
- Cooking Contest. Enter to win cash prizes. No cost for entry. Meats, Baked goods and specialty sides all accepted.
- Unique Boutique: Featuring goods made by the seniors.
- Food venues including BBQ, Fried Fish and Big Mama’s Soul Food with vegetarian options
- Kente Café $25. Fine Dining featuring Soul Food made by and with local seniors who participate in the agencies programs. (Features, chitterlings & pig feet)
The success of this event is credited largely to the sponsors, donors and volunteers who support this ongoing celebration.
There are many opportunities to participate during Black Cuisine through judging the cooking contest, promoting your company’s products and supporting particular venues with company volunteers. Black Cuisine is also a vehicle for local community groups, entrepreneurs, artists and musicians to showcase their work.
All the funds donated are tax deductible and benefit the participants of programs and services provided by Bayview Hunters Point Multipurpose Senior Services, Inc