BAYVIEW HUNTERS POINT MULTIPURPOSE SENIOR SERVICES, INC.
43 Years of Service
5800 Third Street, Bldg 4
Dr. George Davis and Mrs. Willie B. Kennedy
standing at 5800 Third in 2008
The agency has worked with community and government leaders for the past 15 years to create a comprehensive and integrated system of housing and services for current and future senior residents of Bayview Hunter's Point.
Development of Supportive Housing is the first phase of the Aging Campus.
The long-term vision for the Aging Campus is a community-based continuum of services provided by BHPMSS, Inc. other non-profits, government agencies, and private businesses.
The vision is holistic-one that includes the coordination of health care services, financial services, recreation facilities and economic ventures so that seniors can "age in place."
SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED AT THE AGING CAMPUS ARE:
* Assisted Living/Respite Care
* Specialized Alzheimer's Care
* Nursing home level housing
* Supportive housing
* State-of-art Senior Center and Adult Day Health Center
* Medical and Dental Offices
* Case management services
* Training and services for caregivers and family members
* Comprehensive senior center
* Recreational facilities
* Community access to basic services
* Services for senior ex-offenders.
BHPMSS is in the process of developing supportive housing and senior services at 5800 Third Street.
With support from the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency and now the Mayor's Office of Housing the land was purchased and pre-development funding secured.
McCormack, Baron, & Salazar
David Baker & Partners
Micheal Willis & Associates
This year's focus will be on the planning and long-term funding for the housing, as well as developing a capitol campaign for the senior center functions at the site.
* 121 housing units of housing
* 15,ooo square foot space for senior services